This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Some Things About Me


           On Wednesdays I try to do an interview or a story about a person.  Well, lately it's been all about me.  So I'll stay on this ego trip and accept a couple of awards which require me to reveal more about me.
Me, me, me--oh well, I'm not the only one.

         Thank you Lindsey from Dangerous With A Pen for this OVER THE TOP  award.  You've probably seen this one by now.  I've got a list of short questions to answer with just one word (i'll try my best but if I don't manage you'll understand I guess). So let's see what I can come up with.

Your Cell Phone?     neglected

Your Hair?        Scarce

Your Mother?      Dancer

Your Father?      Remembered

Your Favorite Food?      everchanging

Your Dream Last Night?       embarassing

Your Favorite Drink?         water

Your Dream/Goal?        Heaven

What Room Are You In?          Office

Your Hobby?     Collecting

Your Fear?     Chenille

Where Do You See Yourself In Six Years?      Somewhere

Where Were You Last Night?    Home

Something That You Aren't?      Angry

Muffins?    Tim Horton

Wish List Item?     Publication
   
Where Did You Grow Up?    America  (moved around a lot)
 
Last Thing You Did?     Googled

What Are You Wearing?      Sweats

Your TV?     Off

Your Pets?   Wife (just kidding, Betty! and don't anyone tell her that I said that)

Friends?    Faraway

Your Life?    Blessed

Your Mood?   Content

Missing Someone?   Daughters

Vehicle?     Minivan

Something You Aren't Wearing?      Gloves

Your Favorite Store?     Ralph's 

Your Favorite Color?   Blue
 
When Was The Last Time You Laughed?    Tonight

Last Time You Cried?    Last Friday  (darn chick flicks!)
 
One Place You Go To Over And Over Again?    Home

Facebook?     Sometimes

Favorite Place To Eat?     Sutha Thai

And now another grand award!!!!


         KarenG over at Coming Down The Mountain was kind enough to bestow this cool honesty award upon me.  Rules are to reveal ten honest things about myself

Here's my Honest Scrap:

1.   My mother tried to enroll me in dance lessons when I was about 5 but I cried and begged her to let me leave.

2.   I tried to enroll in a tap dancing class when I was 25 and the teacher kind of suggested that I should leave cause I was a klutz on my feet (well, maybe she didn't exactly say it that way, but I know she was thinking it.

3.   In 1974, I began walking to California from East Tennessee.

4.   Once I wandered in the mountains of East Tennessee for a week after I changed my mind and decided not to walk to California.

5.   In 1978 in Huntington, WV, I ate dinner with Rudy Vallee (if you aren't familiar with him check him out on Google).

6.  I did not attend my high school prom or senior banquet--I was not very participatory in school, although I made pretty good grades.

7.  The first vehicle I ever owned was a multi-color painted and primered hippie-type van with wood panelling and carpet inside.  I have no recollection as to what the make was.  I sold that van so I could walk to California.

8.    Besides collecting stamps when I was a kid, I also collected postcards.

9.    I've visited the Stuhr Museum in Grand Island, Nebraska at least 5 times and always got an Original Runza Sandwich when I've been in Grand Island (you can find info about both on Google).

10.   Among my favorite concerts that I've attended was Murray Maclaughlin in Toronto, Ontario.  I never could understand why he never got more appreciated in the U.S.


         Okay that's it about me and now here's where I fall short on my duties.  It's late, I'm tired, and I've been so busy recently I don't have time to see who hasn't received these awards yet, so I'm going to go the lazy man's route and say if you are reading this and haven't been given one or both of these awards then you may take them from here.   Just remember to say so in your blog post and reply in my comments that you have done it so I can credit you on my blog later.  Hope you don't mind me doing it this way.

16 comments:

  1. I used to collect postcards, too.

    Funny, water would be my least favorite drink unless it's flavored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the awards well deserved. Most interesting things about your good self.

    Have a good day.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chenille IS scary, and walking in TN is cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>[In 1978 in Huntington, WV, I ate dinner with Rudy Vallee (if you aren't familiar with him check him out on Google)]<<

    Ruuuuudy! Ruuuuudy!
    Tiny Tim was one of Rudy's biggest fans.

    >>[In 1974, I began walking to California from East Tennessee. / Once I wandered in the mountains of East Tennessee for a week after I changed my mind and decided not to walk to California. / The first vehicle I ever owned was a... hippie-type van... I sold that van so I could walk to California.]<<

    HA!-HA! You sold the van so you could walk? You get the Henry David Thoreau award!

    Dude, Buddy, Brother of mine... I have a question for ya and I'm going to phrase it as respectfully as I know how:

    Why are you writing Blog Bits about stamp collecting when you could be writing Blog Bits about your ill-fated, week-long wandering to California in the mountains of East Tennessee? Helllooooo!

    What happened in the hills? Where did you sleep? What did you eat? Why did you go?

    Where'd you get that old .03-cent stamp of Woodrow Wilson?

    You see what I'm sayin' here, my friend? Which question above is out of place? Don't give us stamps while withholding Rudy Vallee and the hills of East Tennessee. I want the good stuffs you're hiding behind the stamp collection!

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the awards. I'm a water drinker too, although it's comes in 2nd to my Earl Grey :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award! It was fun learning a bit about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very entertaining post, and all these answers made me wish you would do posts about them, one by one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Arlee,
    Congrats on your awards! I am sure they are well deserved!! I enjoyed reading your info. The whole dance lesson thing made me giggle :)
    Thanks for stopping by my site recently...I have been on a much needed blogger break...trying to keep priorities straight in the New Year...family first, then blogging.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on both awards. I've been in East Tennessee. Walking around in those mountains for a week is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss you too! You should be writing about your adventures in Tennesssee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like you should have taken those dance classes when your mom tried the first time?
    hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  12. `
    You see that?
    Emilee backed me up!

    And speaking of "backed" . . .
    How's your back feeling these days? Any better? Are you still drinking more water than usual? Like, wha's up?

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks to all responders to my self revelations.

    L Diane -- I used to be with you on the flavor issue, but as I get older water seems to work for me better. It also depends on source--my tap water where I live is delicious, but I have tasted water in some parts of the country that is undrinkable.

    Carrie -- especially those weird chenille bedspreads that are all ridged and fluffled and all.

    Stephen -- don't be knocking my stamp collecting--it was a very meaning part of my younger days.
    But you are right and I'm sure I'll get to some of these adventures in more detail later.
    Yes, Emilee has always loved my stories of my younger days --she likes to now what ol' Dad was up to. My back is doing much better and yes I have been drinking much more water than I used to... don't know what the backache was all about--weather?

    KarenG -- as stated above, I will have to consider some of those posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know that you wanted to be a tap dancer????

    ReplyDelete
  15. joy --- that was just a weird short-term fantasy that I had in 1975 when I was on the Ken Griffin magic show. I thought it would be cool to do a tap dance routine while doing devil sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fascinating to find out that we sometimes do have things in common with others!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee