This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Things Are Not Always What They Seem


          There appeared to be an obstruction in the road. Through the darkness it was difficult to see what lie ahead.  The drugs they had injected him with were starting to kick in and severely affect his vision.  He was beginning to hallucinate.  Captain Clarke had to make it to the Borderlands Resort to warn the others of the secret cartel that was about to make its move.  The stakes had grown to serious proportions.  The fate of two nations was now at risk.

--from The Beautiful Wall, part of the Border World series by Arlee Bird coming soon!



A hallucination of the alien colonization by F...
A hallucination of the alien colonization by Fox Mulder (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

        Oops!  I realize that I was going to continue my President Trump Acclimation Series today and give my opinion about why I don't think Donald Trump is a sexist, but then I decided this post would be too close to the Battle of the Bands post that I have scheduled for tomorrow Thursday December 15th.    Instead I've decided to postpone that Trump the sexist post until Monday December 26th when it would not get covered up until my January 1st Battle of the Bands post.

         I think I've mentioned that a change has been pervading my blogging habits and these days my main focus is on my Battle of the Bands posts.  My Trump series has been getting an excellent response so I do plan to continue.  

         Be sure to be here tomorrow for a special Christmas themed Battle of the Bands post with some related observations and some questions for you.

        Do you think the Electoral College will confirm Donald Trump as President?   Have you been reading some of the comments on my Trump series posts?   Are you cutting back on blogging during the holiday season?



   

17 comments:

  1. I'll be offline the week between the holidays. One more post next week and then not another until January's IWSG post.
    Sorry, have not been coming back to read the comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, there have been some outstanding comments as well as thoughtful discussions.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. I'm so sick of politics. It is what it is. The electoral college will confirm him. I just wish we could all move on. At this point it's not even Trump I have issues with, it's the people he's appointing to his cabinet and other positions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, once things get underway with the new government I think you'll be very happy. I hope so!

      Lee

      Delete
  3. I'll cut back too, but being 400 posts ahead, no one will ever know it hahaha the comments have been interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      You've been posting like crazy,
      So we know you're not lazy.
      You deserve a break today--
      Want some fries with that holiday?

      Lee

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to avoid politics these days, but have dropped by and read some of your posts, Lee. I'd like to commend you and most of your commenters for keeping it civil. Not always easy with such a volatile subject! I'll be taking a blogging break from the 21st on, probably for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie D, that period of two weeks is one of the best times to break from blogging as things can get pretty slow at that time. Yes, despite the controversial nature of the topics, the discussion has been civil.

      Lee

      Delete
  5. Have been staying away from news for a bit lately. Want to relax. I think Trump as president is a done deal unless something so erroneous comes up that he has to be ousted or the election re-evaluated.

    I like that quote you have there from The Beautiful Wall. I'm intrigued. Will be taking a blogging break after my WEP post on the Dec. 21 until new years. But I'll still be visiting other blogs throughout the year. That alien invasion image is both beautiful and chilling all at once. Happy Holidays Arlee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheena-kay, if the electoral college would screw over the voters it is disconcerting to think what could happen. I don't think the majority of the electors would tamper with the will of the people who voted. I would hope.

      The quote was something that I came up with for this post, but an idea I've been working with over the past year and a half. I like the apocalyptic vision in the artwork--I agree with your description.

      Lee

      Delete
  6. It always slows down this time of year for good reason. It will be interesting how you will explain Trump as not being sexist. Despite him having his daughter and other women work for him......you'll never convince me he is not a narcissistic sexist person. I think people need to accept what occurred and move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birgit, things are very busy right now and blogging becomes a secondary activity. Most years I travel during the holidays, but this year my family is coming to stay with us which will probably mean I'll have less time than usual for blogging activity.

      Lee

      Delete
  7. Look forward to BOTB. Have a good day Lee.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, you have a great holiday season with a very merry Christmas and an absolutely grand new year.

      Lee

      Delete
  8. I will be staying put through the winter holidays, no plans for a break. Your header reminded me of the poem by Coleridge - A Psalm of Life. Things are indeed rarely what they seem.

    Wishing you happy holidays, and a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nilanjana, life is layered with reality and deception. At times we even deceive ourselves. Throughout our days we attempt to filter truth from fiction and these days we get bombarded by so much data that it is mentally and emotionally taxing.

      Lee

      Delete
  9. I believe the electoral college will vote as expected with only a couple of folks going rogue.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee